Sunday, August 1, 2010

Biblical Face-Offs: Solomon Versus Eve

The Pentateuch consists of the five first chapters of The Bible. They contain a lot of the laws which were later used to structure society.

I don't have my Catholic Bible with me because I loaned it to a friend, so I can't remember all the names of the chapters. But I guess any structure is better than chaos.

A lot of people may not be aware of the kinds of laws and punishments outlined in this portion of The Bible. It's pretty dry stuff. I prefer the stories more, myself.

I just stumbled on an irony with respect to wisdom and how it has been handled by some Bible pushers. Maybe they're the old fashioned kind.

King Solomon was offered anything he wanted in one wish. He wished for wisdom.

But, you see, he asked for it first. He didn't just go grabbing for it from the Tree of Knowledge like that woman! Thanks to her, it was a sin to have knowledge for a long time. And males had to shed the mark of even greater knowledge from their foreskins.

Perhaps I'm discussing more of a contradiction than an irony. It does seem out of place to have Solomon in the same book as Eve.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment